- It will take you through the process to be able to add an article to this site in less than 5 minutes.
- It will teach you some basic concepts behind adding articles how to add an article to any site.
All of the articles that are submitted through our add an article process have a predetermined layout and format. Articles will display like the example in the image to the left – the orange boxes represent the image location options within our add an article form.
Add an Article Image
As you complete the add an article form you will be given an opportunity to upload up to 3 images. You may add up to 3 images with each article that you submit using the add an article form. You may also choose to use any combination of the 3 image upload options. Images are not mandatory but at least one or perhaps two per article is recommended.
When you add an article image, it is important to know that using the correct image size will not only make your article look better, but will also help to keep site bandwidth usage and load times low to be able to display your article(s) as quickly as possible.
Here are a few tips to use when you add an article to this or any site.
- Re-size your images before uploading them.
- When re-sizing images be sure to keep the image aspect ratio the same to prevent image distortion.
- Images that will be wrapped by text should be less than 1/2 of the total width of the published article.
- When you add an article image that will span full published article width be sure to leave room for any content padding.
Here are a couple of specifics to use when you add an article image through our add an article form:
- If you chose to upload a Full Width Image, your image should be between 500 and 600px wide.
- When uploading a Left or Right Image, your images should be restricted to a maximum width of 250px wide.
The Content Body in the Add an Article Form
When you submit the add an article form, the text of your article will automatically wrap around any images uploaded in the Left Image and/or Right Image upload options. In fact, all formatting is done automatically with our add an article process. As is also true within the WordPress admin area page and post edit areas, formatted articles submitted may contain unseen additional code that may interfere with your article being able to post correctly.
Here is what we recommend when you are ready to add an article.
- Write your article before starting the Add an Article form.
- Use a text editor to pre-write your article, and then…
- If your article is written in any format other than plain text, clear all formatting and save your article.
- Copy and paste plain text into the add an article form (or the admin area of your WordPress web site).
The entire process to add an article using our add an article form should take less than 5 minutes to complete if you have your article and images prepared ahead of time. Knowing the basic concepts behind articles makes it easy for you to add an article to any site.